Customer Success EngineerApply to this job
Join the data management revolution!
RAW Labs is an exciting spin-off from the renowned Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) in Switzerland that has developed a revolutionary way for companies to access and consume data. By accessing and querying data at source and in real time, RAW eliminates the need for costly and time consuming ETL processes.
RAW Labs was founded by the award-winning Professor Anastasia Ailamaki whose work can be found in the database products of Oracle, Microsoft and IBM and Dr. Miguel Branco a database researcher who previously helped build the data management for the ATLAS Experiment at CERN. Advisors include Prof. Martin Odersky (creator of Scala), Prof. Mike Franklin (co-creator of Spark) and Alon Halevi (Facebook AI). Our Board includes Ariel Luedi (ex. Salesforce and Hybris) and Claude Honegger (ex. Group CIO Credit Suisse)
To support increasing demand, we are looking for a Customer Success Engineer based out of Switzerland to manage the implementation of our platform at our customers.
You will be joining a team of talented and highly motivated people that care deeply about RAW Labs customers, partners and each other. We are small but with big plans, so if you enjoy working with smart people and are motivated helping to build a great company, then we would love to hear from you!
As Customer Success Engineer for RAW Labs, you are responsible for the successful implementation and operation of our platform at our customers. In collaboration with the customer success team, you will work directly with our customers onsite, or remotely, to design, develop, implement and operate the RAW platform. The job may require international travel when working on customer sites.
You are a passionate and experienced engineer with customer facing experience, who loves helping people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in the success of our customers. You know how to manage projects on time and interact with both technical and non-technical people.
You have a proven understanding of big data technologies. The ideal candidate has worked with implementation of data lakes, has a solid understanding of Kubernetes, Kerberos, AWS and Azure and DevOps experience.
As we are a young company, you will also spend time improving documentation, and finding ways to more effectively and when possible proactively resolve customer questions.
You will have a Swiss work permit.
Starting Date: ASAP
- Identify and document customer pain points and requirements.
- Provisioning and integration of our platform into customer environments
- Architect production level workloads, including end to end pipeline load performance testing and optimization.
- Solve immediate technical problems.
- Collaborate with sales to ensure customer requirements are aligned with product capabilities.
- Maintain customer promises by keeping tickets updated
- Develop new specs, documentation, participate in the development of technical procedures and user support guides.
- First level support for enquiries from existing customers.
- Create knowledge base articles, including task-oriented instructions, training guides, and troubleshooting instructions.
- Deliver tutorials and trainings to drive user adoption.
- Provide technical leadership in a post-sales capacity to guide strategic customers as they design and implement big data projects, ranging from architectural design to data engineering to model deployment.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to provide customer feedback and help drive the direction of the RAW Labs product.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product Management and Engineering to ensure both short and long-term customer success achieved.
- University degree in computer science or engineering or demonstrated relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role with proven project management skills.
- You are structured, with an analytical mindset, love problem solving and are not afraid of taking on new challenges with tight deadlines.
- Creative and innovative thinker; proactive, tenacious, and curious, positive, honest and team minded are key characteristics that we value.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in big data technologies including Hadoop, Spark, HDFS.
- Languages: Python, Scala and/or Java, Go.
- Experience with CI/CD tools e.g., Jenkins.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure.
- Excellent written and verbal English and French or English and German.
- Strong commitment to learning the ins and outs of a complex technical product.
- Great listening skills and being able to identify customer pain points quickly.
- Nice to have
- Experience in building and administrating Kubernetes-based services.
- Knowledge of distributed streaming platforms (Kafka). Experience in machine learning tools and services.
- Stimulating projects and work environment.
- Flexible work hours and home office support.
- Opportunity to join a start-up with huge growth potential and make a difference.
- Great compensation plan including stock options.
- A company with aggressive growth plans and a potential to shape your career.
- Great and highly motivated co-workers who are all experts in their field.
Apply to this job