Senior Frontend Developer
RAW Labs is a rapidly expanding Swiss enterprise data technology company that was spun out of École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), by Prof. Anastasia Ailamaki and a team of highly successful engineers and scientists from amongst others CERN, Cisco and Salesforce.
At RAW Labs we have developed novel and highly innovative technologies to interrogate massive quantities of data in different formats, that are held in a variety of data stores across the enterprise’s infrastructure and the Cloud. By leveraging these innovative technologies RAW Labs has built a Cloud based Data Sharing platform for creating and maintaining APIs. The RAW Labs platform enables our customers to cost effectively exploit all forms of data and make available as Data Products. Enterprises use RAW Labs’ platform to drive ML/AI, business intelligence and data analytics applications without having first to undertake costly ETL/ELT operations, and securely share data in hours, not days.
In order to rapidly scale up our engineering team, we are seeking a Senior Frontend Developer.
Our R&D team is based in two development centers: one in Lausanne, Switzerland, and the other in Athens, Greece. The successful applicant would be working in either office, or a Remote worker with access to either office as needs dictate, and working in European time zones.
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will lead the design and development of the next generation of our front-end systems for the RAW platform. You will have the unique chance to shape one of the most impactful aspects of our global product, working with the latest web technologies, in a team of experts in various fields. You are a passionate and experienced web developer, multi-tasker, demonstrated team-player with great oral and written communication as well as the ability and energy to manage your own developer team.
- Lead the development, maintenance and improvement of the front-end systems of our platform.
- Implement a versatile and scalable front-end architecture to accommodate demands from customers and sales, following best practices.
- Participate in a distributed, international team following Agile software development methodology.
- Contribute to documentation efforts of code, internal architecture documentation as well as customer-facing documentation.
- Interview technical candidates and contribute actively to onboarding and mentoring of new developers.
- Provide support to the customer support teams to help debug problems as needed.
- Provide support to critical pre-sales efforts as needed.
- Contribute to technical outreach efforts in form of white papers, presentations or other form of public presentations.
- Conduct technical code reviews.
- At least 6 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in UI/UX and ability to develop responsive software.
- Proven technical expertise in projects based on CSS/Sass.
- Deep knowledge of Bootstrap and jQuery
- Working experience in interacting with REST API services.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI/Swagger specifications and respective tools
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Work ethic.
- Managerial and team leading skills.
- Experience in working with Agile teams (Kanban, Scrum)
Nice to have:
- University degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Scala Play Framework.
- Experience with Cloud platforms.
- Experience with CI/CD toolset.
What we offer:
- Being at the front-line building one of the greatest enterprise technology success stories.
- Working shoulder to shoulder with the greatest academics and practitioners in the field of Big Data and Data Meshes to solve the most challenging problems that the world’s largest enterprises face when trying to explore their data troves.
- Using in your day-to-day work the most modern technologies and techniques to solve challenging real-life problems.
- Learning directly from some of the industry’s best minds.
- The opportunity to be a key member of the team building as we grow.
- An attractive compensation package including equity upside.
We have also other benefits that will keep you happy:
- Dedicated budget for training and professional development.
- Participation in conferences, meetups and other similar events.
- State-of-the-art equipment.
- Great office facilities.
- Regular inspiring team building events.
- Flexibility in working hours and location.